The University of Iowa softball team returns home to host in-state foe Northern Iowa in a mid-week matchup on April 4 at 5 p.m. (CT).
- Doocy strikeout tracker: 129 in 115.0 innings pitched.
- Doocy leads Iowa with a 1.34 ERA and 129 strikeouts in 115.0 innings pitched.
- The Ankeny, Iowa native is third in the Big Ten with a 1.34 ERA and 129 strikeouts.
- Doocy threw a career-high 11 innings against Maryland on March 30.
- Doocy led Iowa to a 4-3 win over 17th-ranked Michigan, ending the Wolverines 18-game win streak.
- After a career-high 15 strikeouts and a 2-0 weekend, Doocy was named co-Big Ten Pitcher of the Week on March 12.
- This was the first pitcher of the week award for Doocy and the first time a Hawkeye has earned the honor since Kayla Massey on March 31, 2014.
- The final 10 outs of the game against Georgetown on March 11 came from her hand.
- Doocy was also selected as the College Sports Madness Big Ten Player of the Week on March 12.
- Doocy led the Hawkeyes to victory against No. 13 Arizona State on March 14.
- The sophomore had eight strikeouts and allowed six hits and just one walk in 7.0 innings against the Sun Devils.
KILIAN Killin’ IT
- Junior Mallory Kilian leads Iowa with a .341 batting average, a .591 slugging percentage, and a .450 on-base percentage. She has a career-high five stolen bases and a team-high 18 runs scored.
- The Fort Dodge, Iowa, native hit her team-leading fifth home run of the season against Maryland on March 31.
- She recorded Iowa’s first home run in Pearl Field for the 2018 season against South Dakota State on March 21. It was her fourth homer of the season, and the ninth of her career.
- Kilian blasted a solo home run on the first pitch at the Grand Canyon Invitational. The Hawkeyes went on to defeat Georgetown, 5-0.
- Kilian also recorded a personal-best two stolen bases against the Hoyas. These were the first two stolen bases of her career.
- Freshman Aralee Bogar has 26 hits, 16 runs, 14 stolen bases, and a .255 batting average during her time in black and gold.
- She is fourth in the Big Ten with 14 stolen bases. She is currently a perfect 14-for-14 in stolen base attempts. She is the only student-athlete in the top five with a perfect stolen base percentage.
- Bogar is also fourth in conference action with four triples this season.
WOOD AT THE DISH
- Senior Allie Wood is leading the Hawkeyes with seven doubles, two triples, and 16 RBI.
- Wood hit her second career triple to score two runs and give Iowa the advantage in the second game of its double header against UW Green Bay.
- She led the Hawkeyes at the plate against the 13th-ranked Sun Devils on March 14. Wood had two hits with a double for a .400 batting average.
- She also led Iowa with a .600 slugging percentage and tied a team-high .400 on-base percentage.
- Wood hit a double and scored one run in Iowa’s 3-1 victory over No. 13 Arizona State.
- The Cypress, California native gave Iowa the advantage in its win over Wichita State, hitting her first career RBI triple to put the team up 1-0.
SCHNEIDER SAVES THE DAY
- Sophomore McKenzie Schneider hit her first career triple and her ninth RBI of the season to give Iowa the advantage in their 4-3 win over No. 17 Michigan, ending the Wolverines 18-game win streak.
- Schneider hit her first home run of the season at the Judi Garman Classic on March 4.
- The Southlake, Texas, native sent a two-run shot deep over the right-center field wall in Iowa’s 3-1 win over No. 8 Baylor.
- The homer was the second of her career.
- Schneider hit her second home run of the season — and the first grand slam of her career — to lift Iowa to a 4-3 victory over Creighton on March 17.
- The Panthers are 18-14.
- Brittany Roby leads UNI with a .435 batting average. She has 47 hits with eight doubles and 14 RBI for a .509 slugging percentage
- In the circle, Jacklyn Spencer owns a 2.62 ERA with 65 strikeouts in 82.2 innings pitched.
TOP 25 VICTORIES
- The Hawkeyes picked up their third win over a ranked opponent on March 23 when they defeated No. 17 Michigan, 4-3, ending the Wolverines 18-game win streak.
- After defeating No. 8 Baylor, 3-1, in their final game at the Judi Garman Classic on March 4, the Hawkeyes topped No. 13 Arizona State in Tempe, Arizona, on March 14.
- Sophomore pitcher Allison Doocy earned all three wins for the Hawkeyes.
- This is the first time Iowa has defeated three ranked opponents in a season since 2014 when Iowa topped No. 23 Northwestern (4-3) and No. 13/15 Michigan twice, 3-1 and 13-8.
- Four Hawkeyes have thrown complete games this season: freshman Lauren Shaw, sophomore Allison Doocy, junior Erin Riding, and senior Kenzie Ihle.
- Doocy leads the team with 16 complete games, including a 3-1 victory over No. 13 Arizona State on March 14 and a 4-3 victory over No. 17 Michigan.
- Riding threw a five-inning run rule performance on Feb. 17 against Butler at the Texas A&M Invitational. She gave up two hits and no walks in the 8-0 win.
- Shaw pitched a 5-0 victory over Georgetown on March 10 at the Grand Canyon Invitational. She had a career-high six strikeouts and allowed just four hits in 7.0 innings pitched. This was also Shaw’s first career shutout.
- Senior pitcher Kenzie Ihle threw her first complete game in Iowa’s run-rule win over UW Green Bay on March 27. Ihle threw a career-high eight strikeouts in the six inning, 9-1 victory
The Hawkeyes continue Big Ten action at home in a weekend series versus Wisconsin beginning on Friday at 5 p.m. (CT). Game two of the series is slated for Saturday at 1:30 p.m., with the series finale set for Sunday at 1 p.m.
FOLLOW THE HAWKEYES
For all of the latest news and information on Iowa softball, visit hawkeyesports.com. Fans can also follow the program on its social media outlets at Facebook.com/iowahawkeyessoftball and
@iowasoftball on Twitter and Instagram.
Live stats and live streaming links for each game are on the softball schedule page at hawkeyesports.com.