The University of Iowa softball team concludes the regular reason when it hosts Purdue on May 4-6. The Hawkeyes and Boilermakers kick off the weekend with a 5 p.m. (CT) contest on Friday. The series continues on Saturday as Iowa hosts Alumni Day at 2 p.m. The Hawkeyes and Boilermakers conclude the series with at 1 p.m. on Sunday. Iowa will honor its seniors following the contest.
Friday: Props to our Professors
Saturday: Alumni Day and Have a Catch Saturday
Sunday: Senior Day, Free Lemonade, and Sunday Run-Day
- Doocy strikeout tracker: 180 in 176.0 innings pitched.
- Doocy leads Iowa with a 1.67 ERA and 180 strikeouts in 176.0 innings of action.
- The Ankeny, Iowa, native is fifth in the Big Ten with a 1.67 ERA and fourth with 180 strikeouts.
- She went 2-0 in the circle with a 1.50 ERA and two complete games, helping the Hawkeyes sweep their weekend series against Wisconsin (April 7-8).
- After pitching a shutout game against Wisconsin, throwing 18 strikeouts in a combined 14 innings, and aiding the Hawkeyes in their sweep of the Badgers, Doocy was named Big Ten Pitcher of the Week (April 9). It was the second time she received the honor this season.
- Doocy was also selected as the College Sports Madness Big Ten Player of the Week on April 9.
- Doocy led Iowa to a 4-3 win over 17th-ranked Michigan on March 23, ending the Wolverines 18-game win streak.
- After a career-high 15 strikeouts and a 2-0 weekend, Doocy was named co-Big Ten Pitcher of the Week on March 12. This was the first Pitcher of the Week award for Doocy and the first time a Hawkeye has earned the honor since Kayla Massey on March 31, 2014.
- Doocy was also selected as the College Sports Madness Big Ten Player of the Week on March 12.
- Freshman Aralee Bogar has 42 hits, 26 runs, 22 stolen bases, and a .278 batting average during her first season in the Black and Gold.
- Bogar leads Iowa with 42 hits, 26 runs, four triples, and 22 stolen bases.
- She is fourth in the Big Ten with 22 stolen bases. Bogar is currently a perfect 22-for-22 in stolen base attempts. She is the only student-athlete in the top five with a perfect stolen base percentage.
- She helped the Hawkeyes in their series sweep over Wisconsin when she hit her first career home run in game three.
HOW SWEEP IT IS
- On April 7 and 8 the Hawkeyes swept Wisconsin for the first time since 2010.
- In game two, Iowa trailed Wisconsin by three runs in the bottom of the seventh when the Hawkeyes came back and scored four runs for the victory.
- Three Hawkeyes hit home runs in the series finale, including senior Allie Wood, freshman Aralee Bogar, and senior Angela Schmiederer.
- The last time three Hawkeyes hit homers in a single game was April 6, 2016 when Iowa defeated Purdue, 10-3.
- It was Iowa’s first Big Ten sweep of the season and its first since sweeping Nebraska last season (April 12).
- The Hawkeyes are 3-1 when Schneider hits a home run.
- The Southlake, Texas, native sent a two-run shot deep over the right-center field wall in Iowa’s 3-1 win over No. 8 Baylor.
- Schneider hit her second home run of the season — and the first grand slam of her career — to lift Iowa to a 4-3 victory over Creighton on March 17.
- Schneider hit a solo home run in game two of Iowa’s weekend series against Wisconsin. The homer was her third this season.
- Schneider hit her first career triple and registered her ninth RBI of the season to give Iowa the advantage in its 4-3 win over No. 17 Michigan, ending the Wolverines 18-game win streak.
WOOD AT THE DISH
- Senior Allie Wood leads the Hawkeyes with a .288 batting average, seven doubles, two triples, five home runes, and 21 RBIs.
- Wood hit her fifth home run of the season in Iowa’s series series finale against Northwestern on April 29.
- She led the Hawkeyes at the plate against the 13th-ranked Sun Devils on March 14. Wood had two hits with a double for a .400 batting average.
- The Bolilermakers are 13-39 this season and 4-15 in conference action.
- Jenny Behan leads Purdue with a .303 batting average, 25 runs on 43 hits, 10 doubles, two triples, seven homers, and 29 RBI.
- In the circle, Sydney Bates owns a 5.17 ERA with 109 strikeouts in 145.0 innings pitched.
TOP 25 VICTORIES
- The Hawkeyes picked up their third win over a ranked opponent on March 23 when they defeated No. 17 Michigan, 4-3, ending the Wolverines 18-game win streak.
- After defeating No. 8 Baylor, 3-1, in their final game at the Judi Garman Classic on March 4, the Hawkeyes topped No. 13 Arizona State in Tempe, Arizona, on March 14.
- Sophomore pitcher Allison Doocy earned all three wins for the Hawkeyes.
- This is the first time Iowa has defeated three ranked opponents in a season since 2015 when Iowa topped No. 17 UCF (3-2), No. 4 Michigan (6-4) and No. 12 Minnesota (2-0) at the Big Ten Tournament.
- Four Hawkeyes have thrown complete games this season: freshman Lauren Shaw, sophomore Allison Doocy, junior Erin Riding, and senior Kenzie Ihle.
- Doocy leads the team with 17 complete games, including five conference victories.
- Riding threw a five-inning run rule performance on Feb. 17 against Butler at the Texas A&M Invitational. She gave up two hits and no walks in the 8-0 win.
- Shaw pitched a 5-0 victory over Georgetown on March 10 at the Grand Canyon Invitational. She had a career-high six strikeouts and allowed just four hits in 7.0 innings pitched. It was Shaw’s first career shutout.
- Senior pitcher Kenzie Ihle threw her first complete game in Iowa’s run-rule win over UW Green Bay on March 27. Ihle threw a career-high eight strikeouts in the six inning, 9-1 victory.
The Hawkeyes (20-28, 6-8 Big Ten) await seeding for the 2018 Big Ten Tournament. Wisconsin will host the tournament May 10-13 at the Goodman Softball Complex in Madison, Wisconsin. Game times and opponents will be announced Monday.
FOLLOW THE HAWKEYES
For all of the latest news and information on Iowa softball, visit hawkeyesports.com. Fans can also follow the program on its social media outlets at Facebook.com/iowahawkeyessoftball and @iowasoftball on Twitter and Instagram.
Live stats and live streaming links for each game are on the softball schedule page at hawkeyesports.com.