The University of Iowa softball team hosts Northwestern in its first Big Ten home series of the season at Bob Pearl Field. Iowa and Northwestern square off at 2 p.m. (CT) on Friday, 1 p.m. on Saturday and 12 p.m. on Sunday.
- The Hawkeyes are leading the Big Ten in triples this season.
- Iowa has 11 triples on the season, leads the Big Ten by two, and its 0.39 triples per game is 12th in the country.
- Iowa is the only team in the conference with double-digit triples.
- Sophomore Aralee Bogar leads the conference with three triples.
- Junior Lea Thompson, Senior Mallory Kilian, and freshman Abby Lien all have pair of triples this season.
CAN’T CATCH THIS KID
- Sophomore Aralee Bogar is 20-for-20 this season stealing bases, extending her perfect stolen base streak to 43, dating back to last season.
- Bogar ranks first in the conference with 20 stolen bases.
- After stealing at least one base in every game at the Saluki Invitational March 8-10, Bogar has swiped a base in 10 of her last 12 games.
- Last season, Bogar was the only player in the Big Ten to boast a perfect stealing percentage with 23 stolen bases (Min. 20 attempts).
- Mallory Kilian is leading by example in her senior year.
- The Fort Dodge, Iowa, native ranks second on the team, averaging .305 at the plate (min. 50 at-bats).
- At the USF Series March 1-3, Kilian batted .438 with four doubles, a triple, and a home run.
- Kilian finished the weekend with a 1.000 slugging percentage and 16 total bases.
- Kilian recorded two doubles in a game for the second time this season against Ball State on March 3.
- The Hawkeyes have played their best softball on Sundays.
- Iowa has posted a 5-0 record on Sundays with wins over Umass, Notre Dame, Ball State, UW-Green Bay, and Miami (OH).
- The Hawkeyes have outscored their opponents 31-8 on Sundays.
- In addition, Iowa is 7-3 on Fridays.
- Junior pitcher Allison Doocy picked up her 12th win of the season in a 2-1 win over Purdue on March 23.
- Doocy has thrown a team-high 12 complete games averaging 7.5 strikeouts in those games.
- The Ankeny, Iowa, native ranks second in the Big Ten with 117.2 innings pitched and fourth in the conference with 117 strikeouts.
DOOCY NAMED B1G PITCHER OF THE WEEK
- Junior Allison Doocy was named the Big Ten Pitcher of the Week on March 11 following her performance at the Saluki Invitational March 8-10.
- Doocy tossed two complete games, striking out 19, and giving up only two runs in 18 innings of work.
- The nod is Doocy’s second Pitcher of the Week award of her career (March 12, 2018) and third conference award. She was named the Big Ten Freshman of the Week on April 17, 2017.
- The Hawkeyes captured their first run-rule victory of the season on March 10 against UW-Green Bay, winning 12-0 in five innings.
- After scoring a run in the first, Iowa scored four runs in the second and third and added three more in the fourth.
- Sophomore Aralee Bogar hit her first home run of the season and second of her career. She finished the day 3-for-3 with four RBIs.
- Freshman Halle Ketcham added three RBIs and a triple.
- Iowa has scored a team-high 18 runs in the seventh inning this season.
- Iowa has scored first in 15 of its 27 games, winning 14.
- Iowa scored a season-high five runs in the seventh inning in an 8-5 come-from-behind victory over Binghamton on March 1.
- The Hawkeyes have also scored 17 runs in the third inning and 14 runs in the first inning.
NO LOOKING BACK
- The Hawkeyes are 14-1 when taking the lead first, scoring in the first inning 10 times.
- In addition, Iowa is 11-2 when scoring three or more runs.
HAWKEYE WINNING STREAK
- The Hawkeye’s eight-game winning streak ended on March 2 against Middle Tennessee.
- Iowa’s eight game winning streak was the program’s longest since 2009. That year, Iowa won 42 games and went to the Atlanta Super Regional.
- During Iowa’s winning streak, junior Allison Doocy held a .74 ERA with 31 strikeouts and 4 earned runs.
- At the plate, junior DoniRae Mayhew batted .556 with four doubles, two home runs and eight RBIs.
DON’T CALL IT A COMEBACK
- For the second time this season, the Hawkeyes have overcome a two-run deficit in the seventh inning.
- Iowa defeated Fordham on Feb. 22, 5-3, thanks to a four-run seventh inning.
- The Hawkeyes repeated their magic against Binghamton on March 1. Trailing 5-3 in the seventh, Iowa rallied to score five runs and win 8-5.
- Freshman Sydney Owens hit the go-ahead triple.
- The Wildcats are 22-7 on the season and are first in the Big Ten with a 3-0 conference record.
- Morgan Newport and Jordyn Rudd lead Northwestern at the plate hitting .349. Rudd is sixth in the Big Ten with 29 RBIs.
- In the circle, Danielle Williams leads the Big Ten with a 1.35 ERA in a league-leading 21 appearances. She holds a record of 15-3.
- The Wildcats are coached by Kate Drohan, who is in her 18th season.
- Season tickets for Iowa’s 12 home games are on sale now at the UI ticket office inside Carver-Hawkeye Arena.
- A reserved bleacher seat is $20 for the season and general admission season tickets are $15.
- Single game tickets are also on sale to the general public for $5, while fans 18 years and younger receive free admission.
FOLLOW THE HAWKEYES
For all of the latest news and information on Iowa softball, visit hawkeyesports.com. Fans can also follow the program on its social media outlets at Facebook.com/iowahawkeyessoftball and @iowasoftball on Twitter and Instagram.
Live stats and live streaming links for each game are on the softball schedule page at hawkeyesports.com.