The University of Iowa softball team returns to Bob Pearl Field for the first time in over a year for a four-game series with Indiana. Friday’s game begins at 3 p.m. (CT). Saturday’s doubleheader is set for a 1 p.m. start, and Sunday’s finale is slated for 2 p.m. Friday and Saturday’s games will be streamed on BTN+ ($). Sunday’s game will air on the Big Ten Network. The radio broadcast for all four games can be heard on YouTube at Hawkeye Radio Network.
HOME SWEET HOME
- The Hawkeyes will play a regular season game at Bob Pearl Field for the first time in 698 days.
HISTORY VS INDIANA
- The Hawkeyes lead the all-time series against Indiana 62-39-1
- Indiana has won the last three meetings against the Hawkeyes, with all three coming in 2016.
THROW AND CATCH
- Iowa ranks 19th in the country and second in the Big Ten in ERA (1.62)
- The Hawkeyes rank 22nd in the country in fielding percentage (.977)
- Sarah Lehman leads the Big Ten with six complete games in her six starts.
- She is tied for fifth in the conference in wins with five.
LEADING THE WAY
- Leadoff hitter Nia Carter is ranked fourth among active Division 1 players in career batting average (.442)
- She leads the Hawkeyes this season in hits, at bats, batting average, and runs scored.
NEVER SAY DIE
- The Hawkeyes have had five extra-inning games this season and have won four of the five.
- The Hawkeyes have scored 20 runs in the seventh inning or later.
- Sophomore Nia Carter hit a walk-off single in the bottom of the seventh against Ohio State (2/26).
- Freshman Grace Banes hit a walk-off single in the bottom of the 12th inning to defeat Penn State (3/11).
- Senior Aralee Bogar and sophomore Nia Carter pulled off a successful double steal in the bottom of the eighth against Maryland to win the game (3/13).
- Freshman Lindy Milkowski hit a walk-off single in the bottom of the eighth to defeat Maryland (3/14).
MOVE ‘EM OVER
- Junior Riley Sheehy ranks 14th in the country and second in the Big Ten in sacrifice bunts per game (0.31)
- She is tied for second most sacrifice bunts in the Big Ten with five.
DON’T RUN ON THE HAWKS
- The Hawkeyes rank first in the Big Ten with a stolen base allowed percentage of .600.
- They are second in the conference with eight runners caught stealing. Lindy Milkowski has caught six attempted base stealers. Marissa Peek has caught two.
- Freshman Denali Loecker is tied for second in the Big Ten in doubles (7).
- She is ranked 26th in the nation in doubles per game (0.44)
MOVING UP THE NATIONAL LEADERBOARD
- Senior Allison Doocy ranks sixth in career complete games among active Division 1 players (69).
- She ranks eighth in innings pitched (643.0).
- She ranks 10th in games started (100).
- She ranks 12th in strikeouts (670).
- She ranks 23rd in strikeouts per seven innings (7.29)
MOVING UP THE IOWA LEADERBOARD
- Senior Allison Doocy ranks 11th in career pitching appearances (119). She is six away from tying Kristi Hanks for 10th.
- She ranks ninth in career complete games (69).
- She ranks sixth in career strikeouts (670).