The University of Iowa softball team returns home for a four-game series with Northwestern. Friday’s game and Saturday’s doubleheader begin at 3 p.m. (CT). Sunday’s finale is slated for a noon start. The first game Saturday will air on ESPNU. The other three games will be streamed on BTN+ ($). Sunday’s radio call can be heard on KXIC and iHeartRadio. The first three games can be heard on the Hawkeye Radio Network YouTube page.
HISTORY VS NORTHWESTERN
- Northwestern leads the all-time series against Iowa 68-55.
- The Wildcats have won the last five meetings against the Hawkeyes.
THROW AND CATCH
- Iowa ranks 18th in the country and third in the Big Ten in ERA (1.77).
- The Hawkeyes rank 22nd in the country in fielding percentage (.976).
THREE NUMBER ONES
- Iowa’s three senior pitchers all rank in the top 15 in the Big Ten in ERA.
- Lauren Shaw is fifth (1.34).
- Sarah Lehman is eighth (1.66).
- Allison Doocy is 11th (1.90).
- Sarah Lehman leads the Big Ten lead with nine complete games in her nine starts.
LEADING THE WAY
- Nia Carter leads the Hawkeyes in hits, at bats, stolen bases, and runs scored.
UNTIL THE GAME IS WON
- The Hawkeyes have had seven extra-inning games this season and have won five of the seven.
- It is the most extra-inning games since 2012 when the Hawkeyes played seven.
- The school record is 11 extra-inning games in 1995.
- The Hawkeyes have played an average of 7.6 innings per game this year.
- In 24 games this season, Iowa has played the equivalent of 26.3 games.
NEVER SAY DIE
- The Hawkeyes have scored 22 runs in the seventh inning or later.
- Sophomore Nia Carter hit a walk-off single in the bottom of the seventh against Ohio State (2/26).
- Freshman Grace Banes hit a walk-off single in the bottom of the 12th inning to defeat Penn State (3/11).
- Senior Aralee Bogar and sophomore Nia Carter pulled off a successful double steal in the bottom of the eighth against Maryland to win the game (3/13).
- Freshman Lindy Milkowski hit a walk-off single in the bottom of the eighth to defeat Maryland (3/14).
- Junior Riley Sheehy hit a walk-off single against Indiana in the bottom of the 10th inning (4/4).
MOVE ‘EM OVER
- Senior Aralee Bogar ranks 14th in the country and third in the big ten in sacrifice bunts per game (0.28).
- Junior Riley Sheehy ranks 21st in the country and fifth in the Big Ten in sacrifice bunts per game (0.25).
DON’T RUN ON THE HAWKS
- The Hawkeyes are tied for ninth in the country with 12 runners caught stealing. They are tied with Rutgers for most among power five schools.
- The Hawkeyes rank first in the Big Ten with a stolen base allowed percentage of .613.
- Lindy Milkowski has caught seven attempted base stealers. Marissa Peek has caught four.
- Freshman Denali Loecker is tied for eighth in the Big Ten in doubles (7).
MOVING UP THE NATIONAL LEADERBOARD
- Senior Allison Doocy ranks seventh in career complete games among active Division 1 players (70).
- She ranks ninth in innings pitched (657.0).
- She ranks ninth in games started (103).
- She ranks 13th in strikeouts (685).
- She ranks 25th in strikeouts per seven innings (7.30)
MOVING UP THE IOWA LEADERBOARD
- Senior Allison Doocy ranks 11th in career pitching appearances (123). She is two away from tying Kristi Hanks for 10th.
- She ranks ninth in career complete games (70).
- She ranks sixth in career strikeouts (685).