The University of Iowa softball team travels to Minneapolis for a four-game series with Minnesota. Friday’s game begins at 5 p.m. (CT). Saturday’s doubleheader and Sunday’s finale are slated for a noon start. The four games will be streamed on BTN+ ($). The radio call for each game can be heard on the Hawkeye Radio Network YouTube page.
HISTORY VS MINNESOTA
- Iowa leads the all-time series against Minnesota 59-58.
- The Gophers have won the last 12 meetings against the Hawkeyes.
THROW AND CATCH
- Iowa ranks 36th in the country and fourth in the Big Ten in ERA (2.28).
- The Hawkeyes rank 36th in the country in fielding percentage (.973).
THREE NUMBER ONES
- Iowa’s three senior pitchers all rank in the top 15 in the Big Ten in ERA.
- Lauren Shaw is 10th (1.95).
- Allison Doocy is 12th (2.24)
- Sarah Lehman is 14th (2.32).
- Sarah Lehman leads the Big Ten with 10 complete games in her 10 starts.
LEADING THE WAY
- Nia Carter leads the Hawkeyes in hits, at bats, stolen bases, and runs scored.
UNTIL THE GAME IS WON
- The Hawkeyes have had seven extra-inning games this season and have won five of the seven.
- It is the most extra-inning games since 2012 when the Hawkeyes played seven.
- The school record is 11 extra-inning games in 1995.
- The Hawkeyes have played an average of 7.6 innings per game this year.
- In 28 games this season, Iowa has played the equivalent of 30.3 games.
NEVER SAY DIE
- The Hawkeyes have scored 22 runs in the seventh inning or later.
- Sophomore Nia Carter hit a walk-off single in the bottom of the seventh against Ohio State (2/26).
- Freshman Grace Banes hit a walk-off single in the bottom of the 12th inning to defeat Penn State (3/11).
- Senior Aralee Bogar and sophomore Nia Carter pulled off a successful double steal in the bottom of the eighth against Maryland to win the game (3/13).
- Freshman Lindy Milkowski hit a walk-off single in the bottom of the eighth to defeat Maryland (3/14).
- Junior Riley Sheehy hit a walk-off single against Indiana in the bottom of the 10th inning (4/4).
MOVE ‘EM OVER
- Junior Riley Sheehy ranks 49th in the country and fifth in the Big Ten in sacrifice bunts per game (0.21).
DON’T RUN ON THE HAWKS
- The Hawkeyes are tied for 13th in the country with 12 runners caught stealing. They only trail Rutgers and Pittsburg for most among power five schools.
- The Hawkeyes rank first in the Big Ten with a stolen base allowed percentage of .657.
- Lindy Milkowski has caught eight attempted base stealers. Marissa Peek has caught four.
- Freshman Denali Loecker is tied for 11th in the Big Ten in doubles (7).
- She is ranked 13th in batting average (.346).
- She is tied with Nia Carter for the team lead in hits (27).
- She leads the team in RBIs (15).
MOVING UP THE NATIONAL LEADERBOARD
- Senior Allison Doocy ranks seventh in career complete games among active Division 1 players (70).
- She ranks ninth in innings pitched (663.7).
- She ranks eighth in games started (105).
- She ranks 13th in strikeouts (691).
- She ranks 30th in strikeouts per seven innings (7.29)
MOVING UP THE IOWA LEADERBOARD
- Senior Allison Doocy is tied for 10th in career pitching appearances (125) with Kristi Hanks. She is one away from tying Shayla Starkenburg for ninth.
- She ranks ninth in career complete games (70). She is two away from tying Debbie Bilbao for eighth.
- She ranks sixth in career strikeouts (691).