The University of Iowa softball team travels to New Jersey for a four-game series with Rutgers. Friday’s game begins at 2 p.m. (CT). Saturday’s doubleheader is slated for a noon start, and Sunday’s game will begin at 10:30 a.m. The four games will be streamed on BTN+ ($). The radio call for each game can be heard on the Hawkeye Radio Network YouTube page.
HISTORY VS RUTGERS
- Iowa leads the all-time series against Rutgers 8-3.
- Iowa took the first seven meetings all-time. Rutgers then took the next three before Iowa won the last meeting.
- Denali Loecker was named Big Ten Freshman of the Week on April 27.
- She hit .308 with six RBIs, a double, and a home run. She slugged .615 and had an on base percentage of .400.
THREE NUMBER ONES
- Iowa’s three senior pitchers all rank in the top 20 in the Big Ten in ERA.
- Lauren Shaw is 11th (2.09).
- Allison Doocy is 13th (2.31)
- Sarah Lehman is 17th (2.65).
- Sarah Lehman ranks second in the Big Ten with 10 complete games.
LEADING THE WAY
- Freshman Denali Loecker leads the team in batting average, doubles, home runs, RBIs, slugging percentage, and on-base percentage.
UNTIL THE GAME IS WON
- The Hawkeyes have had seven extra-inning games this season and have won five of the seven.
- It is the most extra-inning games since 2012 when the Hawkeyes played seven.
- The school record is 11 extra-inning games in 1995.
- The Hawkeyes have played an average of 7.5 innings per game this year.
- In 32 games this season, Iowa has played the equivalent of 34.3 games.
NEVER SAY DIE
- The Hawkeyes have scored 27 runs in the seventh inning or later.
- Sophomore Nia Carter hit a walk-off single in the bottom of the seventh against Ohio State (2/26).
- Freshman Grace Banes hit a walk-off single in the bottom of the 12th inning to defeat Penn State (3/11).
- Senior Aralee Bogar and sophomore Nia Carter pulled off a successful double steal in the bottom of the eighth against Maryland to win the game (3/13).
- Freshman Lindy Milkowski hit a walk-off single in the bottom of the eighth to defeat Maryland (3/14).
- Junior Riley Sheehy hit a walk-off single against Indiana in the bottom of the 10th inning (4/4).
MOVE ‘EM OVER
- Junior Riley Sheehy ranks 17th in the country and second in the Big Ten in sacrifice bunts per game (0.25).
DON’T RUN ON THE HAWKS
- The Hawkeyes are tied for 16th in the country with 13 runners caught stealing. They only trail Rutgers and Boston College for most among power five schools.
- The Hawkeyes rank first in the Big Ten with a stolen base allowed percentage of .658.
- Lindy Milkowski has caught eight attempted base stealers. Marissa Peek has caught five.
- Freshman Denali Loecker is tied for ninth in the Big Ten in doubles (8).
- She is ranked 11th in batting average (.341).
- She is ranked 11th in RBIs (21)
MOVING UP THE NATIONAL LEADERBOARD
- Senior Allison Doocy ranks seventh in career complete games among active Division 1 players (70).
- She ranks ninth in innings pitched (667.7).
- She ranks eighth in games started (106).
- She ranks 13th in strikeouts (695).
- She ranks 29th in strikeouts per seven innings (7.29)
MOVING UP THE IOWA LEADERBOARD
- Senior Allison Doocy is ranked for ninth in career pitching appearances (127). She is six away from tying Kayla Massey for eighth.
- She ranks ninth in career complete games (70). She is two away from tying Debbie Bilbao for eighth.
- She ranks sixth in career strikeouts (695).