The University of Iowa softball team hosts Illinois for a four-game series at Pearl Field this weekend. Friday’s game begins at 7 p.m. (CT). Saturday’s doubleheader is slated for a 1 p.m. start and Sunday’s game will begin at 3 p.m. Friday’s and Sunday’s games will air live on the Big Ten Network, and Saturday’s doubleheader will stream on BTN+. The radio call for each game can be heard on the Hawkeye Radio Network YouTube page. The Hawkeyes will honor their seniors after the conclusion of Sunday’s game.
HISTORY VS ILLINOIS
- Illinois leads the all-time series against Iowa, 27-22.
- Denali Loecker was named Big Ten Freshman of the Week on April 27 and Co-Freshman of the Week on May 11.
- Allison Doocy was named Big Ten Pitcher of the Week on May 4.
- Brylee Klosterman was named Big Ten Co-Freshman of the Week on May 4.
- Brylee Klosterman was named D1 Softball’s Freshman of the Week on May 4.
- Klosterman hit .615 on the weekend and drove home five runs. She slugged 1.077 and had an on base percentage of .667. She scored six runs for the Hawkeyes. Klosterman also hit her first and second career home runs.
NO HITTER NO PROBLEM
- Allison Doocy threw the 18th no hitter in program history on May 2.
- The Hawkeyes defeated Rutgers, 8-0 in five innings.
THREE NUMBER ONES
- Iowa’s ERA ranks 34th in the nation (2.30).
- Two of Iowa’s three senior pitchers rank in the top 10 in the Big Ten in ERA.
- Allison Doocy is sixth (1.87).
- Lauren Shaw is eighth (1.97).
- Sarah Lehman is 17th (2.82).
LEADING THE WAY
- Freshman Denali Loecker leads the team in batting average, doubles, home runs, RBIs, slugging percentage and on-base percentage.
UNTIL THE GAME IS WON
- The Hawkeyes have had seven extra-inning games this season and have won five of the seven.
- It is the most extra-inning games since 2012 when the Hawkeyes played seven.
- The school record is 11 extra-inning games in 1995.
NEVER SAY DIE
- The Hawkeyes have scored 31 runs in the seventh inning or later.
- Sophomore Nia Carter hit a walk-off single in the bottom of the seventh against Ohio State (2/26).
- Freshman Grace Banes hit a walk-off single in the bottom of the 12th inning to defeat Penn State (3/11).
- Senior Aralee Bogar and sophomore Nia Carter pulled off a successful double steal in the bottom of the eighth against Maryland to win the game (3/13).
- Freshman Lindy Milkowski hit a walk-off single in the bottom of the eighth to defeat Maryland (3/14).
- Junior Riley Sheehy hit a walk-off single against Indiana in the bottom of the 10th inning (4/4).
- Nia Carter ranks as the toughest batter to strikeout in the Big Ten (21.5 K Average).
- She ranks 32nd in the country among batters with at least 100 at bats.
MOVE ‘EM OVER
- Junior Riley Sheehy ranks 55th in the country and fourth in the Big Ten in sacrifice bunts per game (0.20).
DON’T RUN ON THE HAWKS
- The Hawkeyes are tied for 10th in the country with 17 runners caught stealing. They only trail Rutgers and Boston College for most among power five schools.
- The Hawkeyes rank first in the Big Ten with a stolen base allowed percentage of .653.
- Lindy Milkowski has caught seven attempted base stealers. Marissa Peek has caught eight.
- Freshman Denali Loecker is tied for seventh in the Big Ten in doubles (10).
- She is ranked ninth in batting average (.339) and 10th in on base percentage (.424), and .
- She is tied for 6th in RBIs (27)
MOVING UP THE NATIONAL LEADERBOARD
- Senior Allison Doocy ranks sixth in career complete games among active Division 1 players (74).
- She ranks ninth in innings pitched (691.7).
- She ranks seventh in games started (110).
- She ranks 14th in strikeouts (723).
- She ranks 31st in strikeouts per seven innings (7.32)
MOVING UP THE IOWA LEADERBOARD
- Senior Allison Doocy is ranked for ninth in career pitching appearances (131). She is two away from tying Kayla Massey for eighth.
- She is tied for eighth in career complete games (74).
- She ranks sixth in career strikeouts (723).