Feb. 8, 2013
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
IOWA CITY, Iowa — The University of Iowa women’s tennis blanked Creighton today, 7-0, at the Hawkeye Tennis and Recreation Complex.
“This was a good rebound match for us today to help us prepare for a very good DePaul team,” said head coach Katie Dougherty.
Iowa won its 23rd straight match when sweeping the doubles point. Katie Zordani and Christina Harazin teamed up at the No. 2 spot to get Iowa started with an 8-1 win over Jennie Hartjes and Liz Vermillion. Iowa’s top doubles duo of Ruth Seaborne and Morven McCulloch then defeated Anna Kirshenbaum and Sam Anderson, 8-1, to secure the doubles point. Seaborne and McCulloch are undefeated at the No. 1 spot in doubles with a 3-0 record.
Iowa delivered six straight-set victories in singles play. Junior Ruth Seaborne improved to 3-0 on the season with a 6-2, 6-0 win Jennie Hartjes at the No. 1 position, and freshman Caitlin Hindmarsh earned a 6-0, 6-1 win over Sam Anderson in her Hawkeye dual debut.
The Hawkeyes will travel to DePaul on Sunday to take on the No. 71 Blue Demons. Action will begin at 1 p.m. at Lakeshore Sport & Fitness.
1. Ruth Seaborne (Iowa) def. Jennie Hartjes (Creighton), 6-2, 6-0
2. Morven McCulloch (Iowa) def. Analese Synder (Creighton), 7-5, 6-0
3. Katie Zordani (Iowa) def. Anna Kirshenbaum (Creighton), 6-1, 6-0
4. Christina Harazin (Iowa) def. Amanda Noonan (Creighton), 6-3, 6-2
5. Caitlin Hinsmarsh (Iowa) def. Sam Anderson (Creighton), 6-0, 6-1
6. Annette Dohanics (Iowa) def. Taylor Koehrsen (Creighton), 6-2, 6-3
1. Seaborne/McCulloch (Iowa) def. Kirshenbaum/Anderson (Creighton), 8-1
2. Zordani/Harazin (Iowa) def. Hartjes/Vermillion (Creighton), 8-1
3. Dohanics/Hindmarsh (Iowa) vs. Noonan/Synder (Creighton), 6-3 abandoned