March 23, 2014
- Read the February issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPad and iPhone app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
IOWA CITY, Iowa — The 65th-ranked University of Iowa women’s tennis team fell to Wisconsin Sunday afternoon at the Hawkeye Tennis and Recreation Center, 4-3.
The Hawkeyes started off strong taking down Wisconsin in doubles play. Morven McCulloch and Ruth Seaborne of Iowa first took down Chyphya and Tripolskay of Wisconsin for the first Hawkeye doubles victory, 8-3. Shelby Talcott and Ellen Silver followed that up for the Hawkeyes with a win over Bailey and Rider of Wisconsin to seal the doubles point for the home team.
In singles play, McCulloch and Annette Dohanics lead the way for Iowa defeating both of their opponents. McCulloch took down Burich of Wisconsin in three sets, 6-7, 7-6, 6-1. After losing the first set, Dohanics came back to defeat Rider of Wisconsin in three sets, 1-6, 6-2, 6-2. All other Hawkeyes fell to Wisconsin opponents.
The Hawkeyes will see action next on Friday as they host Michigan at the Hawkeye Tennis and Recreation Center. Match time set for 3 p.m. (CT).
1. Chypyha (WIS) def. #88 Seaborne (UI) 6-4, 6-1
2. McCulloch (UI) def. Burich (WIS) 6-7, 7-6, 6-1
3. Tripolskay (WIS) def. Talcott (UI) 6-7, 6-1, 6-3
4. Dohanics (UI) def. Rider (WIS) 1-6, 6-2, 6-2
5. Patel (WIS) def. Silver (UI) 6-3, 6-3
6. Bailey (WIS) def. Tarun (UI) 7-6, 0-6, 6-4
Order of Finish: 1, 5, 4, 6, 3, 2
1. McCulloch/Seaborne (UI) def. Chypyha/Tripolskay (WIS), 8-3
2. Silver/Talcott (UI) def. Bailey/Rider (WIS), 8-2
3. Patel/Burich (WIS) vs. Dohanics/Tarun (UI), DNF
Order of Finish: 1, 2, 3