There is an opportunity to upload three (3) videos on the recruitment questionnaire.
First/Introduction Video Requirements:
Attire: Any Iowa apparel. Your hair should be down and you should have a “game ready” makeup look.
Video should be of you speaking directly to the camera and be no more than one minute in length. Please include:
- Your name
- School Dance Team and/or Studio name
- Why you want to attend Iowa.
- Why you would like to be on the dance team.
- Why you would be an ideal candidate.
- What you hope to pursue academically.
Second Video Requirements:
Attire: Sports bra and form fitting shorts (color of your choice). Your hair should be back and out of your face.
Please film this segment continuously. You made do a skill a second time, if needed.
- As many pirouettes as you can do on the right and left side (4+ on the right, 2+ on the left).
- Second Turns (at least three counts of eight, should be an advanced combination that includes changing spots, floats, or other pirouette elements) — you should turn to the beat of a song that is between 140-150 beats per minute (bpm) such as Can’t Hold Us.
- Calypso (turning back attitude leap)
- Leap in second on both sides
- Toe touch into a hurdler into a firebird (one count of plie in between each jump)
- Leg hold pirouette (double preferred/either leg/inside or outside)
- Chaine aerial (right preferred)
- Front handspring
- Any other unique skills that you would like to showcase
- 30 second jazz or contemporary routine that shows technical ability and dancer’s style
- 30 second pom routine that demonstrates dancer’s strength, power and, athleticism. This should also show a range of motions and proper pom technique.
Third Video Requirements:
A solo routine of your choice. This can be from a practice or a competition.
These videos do not need to be professionally edited, but do need to be PUBLIC or UNLISTED YouTube Links in order for our coaching staff to be able to view them (please test your link before including it on the questionnaire).