There is an opportunity to upload TWO videos on the recruitment questionnaire.
First video requirements:
Attire: Sports bra and form fitting shorts (color of your choice). Your hair should be back and out of your face.
- Introduction (Your name, hometown, year in school, why you want to attend IOWA, why you would like to be on the dance team, why you would be an ideal candidate, and what you hope to pursue academically)
- SKILLS (please film this segment continuously, you may do a skill a 2nd time if need be):
- As many pirouettes as you can do on the right and left side (4+ on the right, 2+ on the left).
- Second Turns (at least three counts of eight, should be an advanced combination that includes changing spots, floats, or other pirouette elements)
- Calypso (turning back attitude leap)
- Leap in second
- Toe touch into a hurdler into a firebird
- Inside leg hold pirouette (double preferred/either leg)
- Chaine aerial (right preferred) – optional but highly recommended
- Front handspring – optional but highly recommended
- Headspring – optional but highly recommended
- Any other unique skills that you would like to showcase
- 1 min jazz or contemporary routine that shows technical ability and dancer’s style
- 1 min pom routine that demonstrates dancers strength, power and athleticism.
Second video requirements:
The 2nd video can be a solo or other dance footage of your choice.
*These videos do not need to be professionally edited, but do need to be PUBLIC or UNLISTED YouTube Links in order for our coaching staff to be able to view them (please test your link before including it on the questionnaire).