Feb. 23, 2013
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
IOWA CITY, Iowa — The University of Iowa women’s tennis team topped Marquette, 5-2, today at the Hawkeye Tennis and Recreation Complex.
“The team did a good job of rebounding today after the tough Oklahoma match,” said head coach Katie Dougherty. “We competed well in doubles and kept our foot on the gas in singles. Our focus now shifts to preparing for Big Ten play.”
The Hawkeyes delivered four straight-set victories in singles action, including Caitlin Hindmarsh’s win over Vanessa Foltinger, 6-1, 6-1. Hindmarsh’s match marks her fifth straight victory to maintain a spotless singles record.
The Hawkeyes open conference action when they host Nebraska at the Hawkeye Tennis and Recreation complex on March 5. Doubles matches are set to begin at 3:30 p.m.
Iowa 5, Marquette 2
1. Ana Pimienta (Marquette) def. #123 Ruth Seaborne (Iowa), 5-7, 3-6
2. Shelby Talcott (Iowa) def. Rocio Diaz (Marquette), 6-0, 6-0
3. Morven McCulloch (Iowa)def. Ali Dawson (Marquette), 6-0, 6-0
4. Erin Gebes (Marquette) def. Christina Harazin (Iowa), 6-7, 7-6, 10-7
5. Katie Zordani (Iowa) def. Aleeza Kanner (Marquette), 6-1, 6-2
6. Caitlin Hindmarsh (Iowa) def. Vanessa Foltinger (Marquette), 6-1, 6-1
1. Seaborne/McCulloch (Iowa) def. Dawson/Diaz (Marquette), 8-3
2. Zordani/Harazin (Iowa) def. Pimienta/Gebes (Marquette), 8-6
3. Dohanics/Hindmarsh (Iowa) def. Hernandez Soler/Kanner (Marquette), 8-6