There is an opportunity to upload three (3) videos on the recruitment questionnaire.
First/Introduction Video Requirements:
Attire: Video should be of you speaking directly to the camera and be no more than one minute in length. Please include:
- Your name
- School cheer team and/or All-Star gym name
- Why you want to attend Iowa.
- Why you would like to be on the cheer team.
- Why you would be an ideal candidate.
- What you hope to pursue academically.
Second Video Requirements: Tumbling
The skills listed below in the tumbling section are not mandatory skills to perform. Please show us your best standing and running tumbling.
Standing Tumbling (ON DEAD MAT):
- Standing back tuck
- Elite standing passes:
- Two (2) back handsprings to full
- One (1) back handspring to full
- Standing full
Running Tumbling (ON DEAD MAT):
- Round off back handspring layout
- Round off back handspring full
- Elite running passes:
- Whip to full
- Arabian to full
- Full through to full
- Any additional passes
Third Video Requirements: Co-ed Stunting
We are looking to see potential. Show us how many of these stunts you can complete successfully on different stunt partners.
- Hands stunts: hands extension, lib, stretch, high torch arabesque, cupie
- Walk-in stunts: walk-in extension, lib, stretch, high torch arabesque, cupie
- Toss stunts: extension, lib, stretch, high torch arabesque, cupie
- Spinning stunts: full up, hands full around
- Elite stunts: round-off ups, back handspring ups, front handspring ups, rewinds, hand-in-hands
- Any additional skills outside of what is listed above.
These videos do not need to be professionally edited, but do need to be PUBLIC or UNLISTED YouTube Links in order for our coaching staff to be able to view them (please test your link before including it on the questionnaire).
Note: Additional skills may be requested as needed by the coaching staff. Please feel free to send any updated skills as the year progresses.