Oct. 21, 2006
Boston, MA –
The University of Iowa women’s rowing team traveled to the Boston, MA, for the historical Head of the Charles. The Hawkeyes started competition this afternoon at the two day event with competitors in the women’s club eights.
Taking the first place finish in the women’s club eights was the University of Tennessee Rowing Club completing the course in a time of 18:10.339. The Hawkeyes made a strong appearance in the women’s club eights placing fifth and posting a time of 18:31.45. Guiding the Iowa Hawkeyes up the Charles River and coxing was senior Lori Rehel. In the boat for the University of Iowa from the stern to the bow was senior Elizabeth Bauer, sophomore Romy Post, freshman Kelsey Cronkhite, senior Janelle Cross, sophomore Jennifer Berge, sophomore Heather Guntren, sophomore Stacy Dettmann, and senior Emily Joynt.
The Iowa rowing team will take action again tomorrow in the championship women’s eights at approximately 4:30 p.m. ET.
Club Women’s Eights
1. University of Tennessee Rowing Club 18:10.339
2. Lions Rowing Club 18:11.776
3. Lake Washington Rowing 18:19.156
4. Austin Rowing Club 18:20.085
5. University of Iowa 18:31.450
6. Fat Cat Rowing Club 18:45.962
7. West Virginia 18:57.698
8. Charles Campbell Rowing 18:58.345
9. George Mason University Rowing 18:59.215
10. Anacostia Community Boathouse Assoc. 19:02.023