March 11, 2011
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone app!
- Iowa and the Big Ten Network
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
AUSTIN, Texas – University of Iowa junior diver Veronica Rydze competed in the three-meter springboard at the Zone D Diving Championships Friday afternoon on University of Texas campus.
Rydze finished with a score of 644.60 to place third in the competition, which qualifies her for the NCAA Championships. The top-five divers in event qualified for the NCAA Championships.
Senior diver Deidre Freeman also competed on the three-meter springboard. Freeman placed seventh overall with a score of 622.75.
Rydze and Freeman will continue competition tomorrow in the one-meter event. Competition is scheduled to begin at noon.
For live results click HERE
Three-Meter Diving (Top 5 Plus IOWA)
1. 730.55 Lacey Truelove (Houston)
2. 716.10 Kelci Bryant (Minnesota)
3. 644.60 Veronica Rydze (IOWA)
4. 644.05 Lorena Lujan (Texas A&M)
5. 629.70 Margaret Keefer (Minnesota)
7. 622.75 Deidre Freeman (IOWA)