- Read the March issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone/iPad app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
IOWA CITY, Iowa — The No. 56 University of Iowa men’s tennis team notched its first Big Ten win of the spring season Sunday afternoon against Minnesota, 4-1, inside the Hawkeye Tennis and Recreation Complex.
Iowa started strong clinching the doubles point for the first time since hosting Nebraska on March 11.
Sophomore Jake Jacoby clinched the match for the Hawkeyes with a, 6-3, 7-5, win over Jeremy Lynn.
Jonas Larsen, a freshman on the Iowa squad, was a force at four today against Marino Alpeza. The native of Denmark registered his sixth win of the season, winning in straight sets (6-1, 6-4).
Robin Haden tallied a straight set victory as well. The, 6-2, 6-3, victory brought him to seven career wins as a Hawkeye.
The win improves Iowa’s overall record to 8-8 and 1-2 in conference play, while Minnesota falls to 6-11 overall and 0-3 in Big Ten competition.
Iowa is on the road next weekend for a Friday doubleheader against Dayton and Ohio State in Columbus. After a quick turnaround they’ll take the courts again in State College, Pennsylvania, for their fifth Big Ten match of the season against Penn State.
The Hawkeyes then return home for six straight matches beginning on April 8. Admission will be free to the public.
#56 IOWA 4, MINNESOTA 1
1. Matic Spec (MINN) def. Lefteris Theodorou (UI): 7-5, 6-0
2. Josh Silverstein (UI) vs. Ruben Weber (MINN): unfinished
3. Dominic Patrick (UI) vs. Felix Corwin (MINN): unfinished
4. Jonas Larsen (UI) def. Marino Alpeza (MINN): 6-1, 6-4
5. Robin Haden (UI) def. Josip Krstanovic (MINN): 6-2, 6-3
6. Jake Jacoby (UI) def. Jeremy Lynn (MINN): 6-3, 7-5
1. Lefteris Theodorou/Jake Jacoby (UI) def. Marino Alpeza/Ruben Weber (MINN): 6-3
2. Josh Silverstein/Dominic Patrick (UI) def. Matic Spec/Jeremy Lynn (MINN): 7-5
3. Josip Krstanovic/Felix Corwin (MINN) def. Robin Haden/Jonas Larsen (UI): 7-5