April 10, 2016
- Read the April issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone/iPad app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
IOWA CITY, Iowa — The 63rd-ranked University of Iowa men’s tennis team fell to No. 13 Northwestern, 4-0, Sunday afternoon inside the Hawkeye Tennis and Recreation Complex.
The Hawkeyes dropped the doubles point, dropping two of the three matches. Sophomores Lefteris Theodorou and Josh Silverstein were paired on court two for a Hawkeyes, registering a win over Konrad Zieba and Sam Shropshire, 6-4. However, Jake Jacoby and Jonas Larsen fell, 6-3, on court one and senior Dominic Patrick and junior Robin Haden lost at the three spot.
In singles, Haden took to court three for the second time this season and lost in straight sets to No. 68 Strong Kirchheimer of Northwestern (21-2, 7-0). Larsen played on court four against Fedor Baev and fell, 6-2, 6-2.
Patrick was the last Hawkeye off the court this afternoon with a, 6-4, 6-3, defeat to Ben Vandixhorn.
Iowa (10-12, 1-6) remains home next Friday for a Big Ten contest against No. 57 Purdue at 6 p.m. CT.
#15 NORTHWESTERN 4, #63 IOWA 0
1. Lefteris Theodorou (UI) vs. #40 Sam Shropshire (NU): unfinished
2. Josh Silverstein (UI) vs. #15 Konrad Zieba (NU): unfinished
3. #68 Strong Kirchheimer (NU) def. Robin Haden (UI): 6-0, 6-0
4. Fedor Baev (NU) def. Jonas Larsen (UI): 6-2, 6-2
5. Ben Vandixhorn (NU) def. Dominic Patrick (UI): 6-4, 6-3
6. Jake Jacoby (UI) vs. Alp Horoz (NU): unfinished
Order of finish: 3, 4, 5
1. Fedor Baev/Strong Kirchheimer (NU) def. Jake Jacoby/Jonas Larsen (UI): 6-3
2. Lefteris Theodorou/Josh Silverstein (UI) def. Konrad Zieba/Sam Shropshire (UI): 6-4
3. Alp Horoz/Mihir Kumar (NU) def. Dominic Patrick/Robin Haden (UI): 6-3
Order of finish: 1, 2, 3