The University of Iowa softball team travels to Madison, Wisconsin for a four-game series against the Wisconsin Badgers. Friday’s game begins at 3 p.m. (CT). Saturday’s doubleheader and Sunday’s finale are slated for a noon start. All four games will be streamed on BTN+ ($). Friday’s radio call can be heard on KXIC and iHeartRadio. The remaing three games can be heard on the Hawkeye Radio Network YouTube page.
HISTORY VS WISCONSIN
- The Hawkeyes lead the all-time series against Wisconsin 39-21.
- Wisconsin has won the last four meetings against the Hawkeyes.
THROW AND CATCH
- Iowa ranks 10th in the country and second in the Big Ten in ERA (1.52).
- The Hawkeyes rank 10th in the country in fielding percentage (.980).
THREE NUMBER ONES
- Iowa’s three senior pitchers all rank in the top 10 in the Big Ten in ERA
- Lauren Shaw is fifth (1.17)
- Allision Doocy is seventh (1.35)
- Sarah Lehman is ninth (1.64)
- Sarah Lehman is tied for the Big Ten lead with seven complete games in her seven starts.
- She is tied for eighth in the conference with five wins.
LEADING THE WAY
- Leadoff hitter Nia Carter leads the Hawkeyes in hits, at bats, stolen bases, and runs scored.
UNTIL THE GAME IS WON
- The Hawkeyes have had seven extra-inning games this season and have won five of the seven.
- It is the most extra inning games since 2012 when the Hawkeyes played seven.
- The school record is 11 extra-inning games in 1995.
- The Hawkeyes have played an average of 7.8 innings this year.
- In 20 games this season Iowa has played the equivelent of 22.3 games.
NEVER SAY DIE
- The Hawkeyes have scored 20 runs in the seventh inning or later.
- Sophomore Nia Carter hit a walk-off single in the bottom of the seventh against Ohio State (2/26).
- Freshman Grace Banes hit a walk-off single in the bottom of the 12th inning to defeat Penn State (3/11).
- Senior Aralee Bogar and sophomore Nia Carter pulled off a successful double steal in the bottom of the eighth against Maryland to win the game (3/13).
- Freshman Lindy Milkowski hit a walk-off single in the bottom of the eighth to defeat Maryland (3/14).
- Junior Riley Sheehy hit a walk-off single against Indiana in the bottom of the 10th inning (4/4).
MOVE ‘EM OVER
- Junior Riley Sheehy ranks 27th in the country and fourth in the Big Ten in sacrifice bunts per game (0.25)
- She is tied for the third most sacrifice bunts in the Big Ten with five.
DON’T RUN ON THE HAWKS
- The Hawkeyes rank first in the Big Ten with a stolen base allowed percentage of .621.
- Iowa leads the conference with 11 runners caught stealing. Lindy Milkowski has caught six attempted base stealers. Marissa Peek has caught four.
- Freshman Denali Loecker is tied for second in the Big Ten in doubles (7).
- Loecker is tied for eighth in RBIs.
MOVING UP THE NATIONAL LEADERBOARD
- Senior Allison Doocy ranks sixth in career complete games among active Division 1 players (70).
- She ranks eighth in innings pitched (655.0).
- She ranks 10th in games started (102).
- She ranks 12th in strikeouts (684).
- She ranks 25th in strikeouts per seven innings (7.31)
MOVING UP THE IOWA LEADERBOARD
- Senior Allison Doocy ranks 11th in career pitching appearances (122). She is three away from tying Kristi Hanks for 10th.
- She ranks ninth in career complete games (70).
- She ranks sixth in career strikeouts (684).