The University of Iowa rowing team heads to Cincinnati, Ohio, to compete in the 2021 Big Ten Invitational on Saturday and Sunday, April 17-18. The races will take place at Harsha Lake at East Fork State Park in Bethel, Ohio.
- The field includes 16 teams, including all eight schools from the Big Ten — Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Ohio State, Rutgers, Wisconsin — and eight additional teams, including Alabama, Brown, Duke, Louisville, Notre Dame, Syracuse, Tennessee, and Virginia.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- The Hawkeyes won three races and took second in six additional races at the Ohio State Duals in Columbus, Ohio, on March 27.
- Iowa’s II Varsity Four, I Novice Eight, and II Novice Eight boats won against Indiana and Oregon State. The Hawkeyes dominated, winning each by an average of 24.3 seconds.
- Iowa’s second place finishes in II Novice Eight, II Varsity Four, I Varsity Eight, and I Varsity Four behind Michigan and Indiana were all close, each finishing at most three seconds behind the winner.
2020 ROSTER BREAKDOWN
- The Hawkeyes roster this year features girls from four countries: USA (50), Canada (3), England (2), Italy (1).
- 13 different states are represented on the Iowa roster.
FOLLOW THE HAWKEYES
Fans can follow the Iowa rowing program on social media on Instagram (@iowa_rowing) with live updates on Twitter (@iowarowing) and via Facebook (iowawomensrowing).
The Hawkeyes will be back on the water next week as they host Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Kansas on April 24 at Lake McBride in Solon, Iowa.