IOWA CITY, Iowa — The University of Iowa women’s golf team released its 2021-22 schedule, head coach Megan Menzel announced Wednesday. Iowa hosts its annual Hawkeye-El Tigre Invitational in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, March 19-21.
- The nine-meet regular season includes three fall invites and six during the spring season.
- The Hawkeyes begin their 2021-22 slate in Albuquerque, New Mexico, at the Dick McGuire Invitational (Sept. 13-14) before heading to the Badger Fall Invitational (Sept. 19-21) in Madison, Wisconsin, and will round out the fall with a trip to the Bahamas for the White Sands Bahamas Invitational (Oct. 22-24).
- In the spring, the Hawkeyes will head to Palm Harbor, Florida, for Big Ten Match Play from Jan. 30-Feb. 2 and head to Boca Raton, Florida, for the FAU Spring Invitational on Feb. 7-8. Tulane will host a three-day tournament, starting Feb. 13, and the Hawkeyes will head to the Westbrook Spring Invitational before heading to Puerto Vallarta. The regular season will conclude at the Chattanooga Classic (March 27-29) before heading to the Big Ten Tournament to kick off the postseason.
- The postseason begins at the Big Ten Tournament on April 22-24, followed by NCAA Regionals on May 9-11, and ends at the NCAA Championship on May 20-25 in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- The Hawkeyes return seven student-athletes, including two seniors, Manuela Lizarazu and Dana Lerner, four juniors, Jacquelyn Galloway, Lilly Gentzkow, Morgan Goldstein, and Lea Zeitler, and one sophomore, Klara Wildhaber. Iowa also added three freshmen, including Caroline Gray, Sierra Fink, and Paula Miranda.