|Opponent||No. 2 Iowa (24-6, 15-3) vs. No. 3 Maryland (25-5, 15-3)|
|Date||Saturday, Mar. 4|
|Location||Target Center // Minneapolis, Minn.|
|Tipoff||4 p.m. (CT)|
|Radio||Hawkeye Radio Network // Sirius XM Channel 135|
2-Seed Iowa is set to play 3-Seed Maryland in the Semifinals of the Big Ten Tournament inside the Target Center in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Tip off for the contest is set for approx. 4 p.m. (CT).
The game will broadcast on BTN. Sloane Martin, Christy Winters Scott, and Meghan McKeown will call the action.
This will be the 17th meeting between the two programs. Maryland leads the all-time series, 11-5.
PROGRAM QUICK HITS
- Highest Preseason AP Ranking (No. 4) since 1994.
- The No. 4 ranking was the second highest ranking in program history.
- The Hawkeyes have been ranked in the AP Preseason Top 10 in consecutive seasons for the fifth time in school history and the first time during head coach Lisa Bluder’s tenure.
- Hawkeyes tabbed as Big Ten preseason favorites by coaches and media.
- The Hawkeyes return all five starters from year ago, that won a share of the Big Ten regular season title, Big Ten Tournament, and earned a No. 2 seed in the NCAA Tournament.
- Caitlin Clark was tabbed the Big Ten Preseason Player of the Year. Her and Monika Czinano were both recognized unanimously by the coaches on the preseason all-conference team.
- Since 2008, Lisa Bluder’s teams own a 228-42 record inside of Carver-Hawkeye Arena. In that stretch, the Hawkeyes have posted three undefeated seasons at home. Over the last eight years, Iowa has dropped the second-fewest regular season home games in the Big Ten.
- Iowa welcomes four new players to the 2022-23 roster: Molly Davis, Jada Gyamfi, Taylor McCabe, and Hannah Stuelke. Gyamfi, McCabe, and Stuelke are all true freshmen, hailing from Johnston, Cedar Rapids and Fremont, Nebraska, respectively. Davis is a fourth-year transfer from Central Michigan.
- Clark’s preseason accolades: Big Ten Preseason Player of the Year, AP All-American (unanimous), Nancy Lieberman Preseason Watch List, All-Big Ten, Wade and Wooden Award Watch List.
- Czinano preseason accolades: Preseason All-Big Ten by the coaches and media, Lisa Leslie Center of the Year Preseason Watch List, Wooden, and Wade Award Watch List.
- Iowa set a program record against Evansville scoring 115 points earlier this season.
- Clark was named a first team AP All-American and senior Monika Czinano was named an AP All-America honorable mention by the Associated Press last year.
- Bluder owns a 487-248 (.663) record and a 247-142 (.637) conference mark at Iowa. In her 38 seasons as a head coach, Bluder is 843-390 (.684).