ANN ARBOR, Mich. — The 72nd-ranked University of Iowa men’s tennis team fell at No. 22 Michigan, 4-0, Friday evening at the Varsity Tennis Center.
The Hawkeyes dropped the doubles point in a 6-3 decision on court two. Senior Dominic Patrick and junior Nils Hallestrand played together for the first time this season at the two spot. Sophomores Lefteris Theodorou and Josh Silverstein teamed up at one for a close loss to 84th-ranked Alex Knight and Runhao Hua, 7-5.
In singles, Patrick lost a straight set loss to Davis Crocker, 6-1, 6-1. Theodorou played on court two against Carter Lin and lost, 6-4, 6-2. Junior Robin Haden was the last Hawkeye off the court tonight with a 6-3, 6-1, to Runhao Hua. Jonas Larson, Jake Jacoby, and Silverstein saw their respective matches abandoned after Michigan (18-6, 7-3) clinched the match.
Iowa (11-15, 1-10) heads to East Lansing, Michigan Sunday for its final regular season Big Ten match up against Michigan State at noon.
#22 MICHIGAN 4, #73 IOWA 0
1. #97 Jathan Malik (UM) vs. Josh Silverstein (UI): unfinished
2. Carter Lin (UM) def. Lefteris Theodorou (UI): 6-4, 6-2
3. Runhao Hua (UM) def. Robin Haden (UI): 6-3, 6-1
4. Kevin Wong (UM) vs. Jonas Larsen (UI): unfinished
5. Davis Crocker (UM) def. Dominic Patrick (UI): 6-1, 6-1
6. Lubomir Cuba (UM) vs. Jake Jacoby (UI): unfinished
Order of finish: 5, 2, 3
1. #84 Alex Knight/Runhao Hua (UM) def. Lefteris Theodorou/Josh Silverstein (UI): 7-5
2. Jathan Malik/Kevin Wong (UM) def. Dominic Patrick/Nils Hallestrand (UI): 6-3
3. Davis Crocker/Tyler Gardiner (UM) vs. Jonas Larsen/Jake Jacoby (UI): unfinished
Order of finish: 2, 1