|Opponent||Belmont (1-2, 0-0) at No. 4/6 Iowa (1-0, 0-0)|
|Date||Sunday, Nov. 20|
|Tipoff||2:01 p.m. (CT)|
|Radio||Hawkeye Radio Network|
PROGRAM QUICK HITS
• Highest Preseason AP Ranking (No. 4) since 1994.
• Second highest ranking in program history.
• The Hawkeyes have been ranked in the AP Preseason Top 10 in consecutive seasons for the fifth time in school history and the first time during head coach Lisa Bluder’s tenure.
• Hawkeyes tabbed as Big Ten preseason favorites by coaches and media.
• The Hawkeyes return all five starters from year ago, that won a share of the Big Ten regular season, Big Ten Tournament, and earned a No. 2 seed in the NCAA Tournament.
• Caitlin Clark was tabbed the Big Ten Preseason Player of the Year. Her and Monika Czinano were both recognized unanimously by the coaches on the preseason all-conference team.
• Since 2008, Lisa Bluder’s teams own a 215-41 record inside of Carver-Hawkeye Arena. In that stretch, the Hawkeyes have posted three undefeated seasons at home. Over the last eight years, Iowa has dropped the second-fewest regular season home games in the Big Ten.
• Iowa welcomes four new players to the 2022-23 roster: Molly Davis, Jada Gyamfi, Taylor McCabe, and Hannah Stuelke. Gyamfi, McCabe, and Stuelke are all true freshmen, hailing from Johnston, Cedar Rapids and Fremont, Nebraska, respectively. Davis is a fourth-year transfer from Central Michigan.
• Clark’s preseason accolades: Big Ten Preseason Player of the Year, AP All-American (unanimous), Nancy Lieberman Preseason Watch List, The Athletic POY/All-American, All-Big Ten, and Wooden Award Watch List.
• Czinano preseason accolades: Preseason All-Big Ten by the coaches and media, Lisa Leslie Center of the Year Preseason Watch List, and Wooden Award Watch List.
• Iowa has scored 80 or more points in all four games this season.
• Clark was named a first team AP All-American and senior Monika Czinano was named an AP All-America honorable mention by the Associated Press last year.
• Bluder owns a 466-243 (.659) record and a 232-139 (.625) conference mark at Iowa. In her 38 seasons as a head coach, Bluder is 822-385 (.683).
LAST TIME OUT: KANSAS STATE
· All-American Caitlin Clark recorded her 28th career double-double with 27 points and 10 rebounds. It’s her second double-double of the season.
· Clark has scored 20 or more points in four straight contests.
· Clark broke the arena record for most free throw attempts made with 13 by an opponent.
· Monika Czinano ranks fifth all-time on the career scoring list at Iowa with 1,850 points.
· Clark ranks eighth all-time on the career scoring list at Iowa with 1,763 points.
· Clark and Czinano have both reached double figures in all four games this season.
· McKenna Warnock has registered double figures in three out of four games this season.
· Iowa’s 83 points is the most Kansas State’s defense has given up this season.
· The fourth-ranked Hawkeyes were the highest-ranked Big Ten team to have ever played the Wildcats.
· Warnock ranks tied for 20th all-time on the career rebounds list at Iowa with 570. Czinano moved up to 21st all-time with 566 career rebounds.