For updated statistics, bio, national rankings, videos, photos, and more, visit www.hawkeyesports.com/voteclark.
- Started all 30 games as a freshman
- Won third gold medal with USA Basketball at the 2021 FIBA U19 World Cup and was named tournament MVP
- Named The Athletic, WBCA, and USBWA Tamika Catchings Co-Freshman of the Year
- Earned first team All-America honors from The Athletic, WBCA, and USBWA, and earned second-team honors from Associated Press
- Named Big Ten Freshman of the Year and earned unanimous Big Ten All-Freshman Team, and unanimous first team All-Big Ten honors
- Named to the WBCA All-Region Team
- Tallied 20 Big Ten Weekly honors, including a Big Ten-best 12 freshman honors, a Big Ten record five Big Ten Player of the Week honors as a freshman, and three Player of the Week Honor Roll nods. Minnesota’s Amanda Zahui B. previously held the record for most Player of the Week nods by a freshman. Clark’s five Big Ten Player of the Week honors as a freshman believed to be an NCAA record.
- ESPN National Player of the Week on Dec. 14 — the first Big Ten freshman to earn the honor
- Received the Dawn Staley Award Winner
- Four-time USBWA Tamika Catchings National Freshman of the Week honoree
- Four-time NCAA Starting Five selection
- Selected to the Big Ten All-Tournament team
- Led the nation in assists (214), field goals made (266), final points (799), points per game (26.6), 3-pointers attempted (286), and 3-pointers made (116)
- Finished in second in the nation in assists per game (7.1), 3-pointers per game (3.87), and field goal attempts (564)
- Ranked seventh nationally in free throws made (151), 13th in free throw attempts (176), and 32nd in free throw percentage (86.8)
- Recorded nine double-doubles and one triple double on the season
- Five-star recruit, ranking fourth overall and second at guard by ESPN
- Two-time gold medalist as a member of Team USA after winning the 2017 U16 FIBA Americas Tournament and 2019 U19 FIBA World Cup Tournament
- Played at Dowling Catholic led by head coach Kristin Meyer.
- Two-time MaxPreps high school All-America, Naismith All-America, and USA Today All-USA honoree
- Named Gatorade Iowa Girls’ Basketball Player of the Year after junior season
- Three-time Iowa Girls Coaches Association All-State and Des Moines Register All-State selection, as well as two-time Iowa Basketball Coaches Association All-State and Iowa Print Writers Association All-State selection
- Selected to the 2019 IGHSAU State Tournament team
- Three-time Iowa Basketball Coaches Association all-region selection and Iowa Girls Coaches Association all-district selection
- Three-time all-conference selection, unanimous as a junior, and conference Player of the Year as a sophomore
- Holds two state records, including the 5A record for most points in a game (60) and most 3-pointers made in a game (13)
- Tops the 5A State Tournament Record Book for points scored (42) and 3-pointers made (7) in a tournament game.
- Averaged 32.5 points, seven rebounds, 3.5 assists, and 2.2 steals per game during junior season
- Averaged 27.1 points, 6.5 rebounds, 4.0 assists, and 2.3 steals per game as a sophomore and 15.3 points, 3.3 rebounds, 4.7 assists, and 2.25 steals per game as a freshman
- As a member of All Iowa Attack, won the 2018 Nike GEYBL National Championship and was runner-up in 2017 and 2019 under head coach Dickson Jensen and assistant coaches Randy Mauro and Ken Johnson.
- Member of the National Honors Society and Presidential Honor Roll
- Daughter of Brent Clark and Anne Nizzi-Clark
- Clark has two brothers, Blake and Colin
- Eleven of Clark’s family members have played collegiate sports, including her dad, who played baseball and basketball at Simpson College, and her older brother Blake, who plays football at Iowa State.
Coach Bluder on Caitlin Clark…
“Caitlin is a premier guard that has an incredible offensive skill set. She has the ability to score at will, while also being an uncanny passer in feeding her teammates the ball. She is an exciting playmaker in all realms.”