Row for Iowa
Apply your athletic background to a new sport! Most great rowers begin their careers in college – many of them after long careers in other sports. Over 75% of our nationally-ranked varsity team took their first strokes here at Iowa. Attend one of our events to find out more about this terrific athletic opportunity.
August 22 & 23: Tour the Boathouse
Tour Iowa’s world-class rowing facility on Thursday, August 22 or Friday, August 23 from 10-11 a.m. @ Beckwith Boathouse, 1201 N Dubuque St.
Transportation to Beckwith Boathouse:
- On Iowa! vans will be outside the IMU from 9:45-11:15 to shuttle students to and from the boathouse
- Take the Hawkeye Interdorm CAMBUS to Mayflower Hall (Stop 1000)
- From Hillcrest, Petersen, Rienow, Slater: Depart from Slater Hall (Stop 2081)
- From Burge, Catlett, Currier, Stanley, Daum: Depart from Burge Hall (Stop 1016)
August 25: Information Meeting
For those interested in trying out for the University of Iowa rowing team, an informational meeting will be held Aug. 25 at 1 p.m. (CT), located in the Big Ten room inside Carver-Hawkeye Arena.
Message Coach Giles at email@example.com for more information
Transportation to Carver Hawkeye Arena:
- From dorms Burge, Currier, Daum, Stanley, and Catlett: Get on Blue Route at Burge Hall (stop 1016), take it to Carver Hawkeye Arena (stop 2041). Approx. time: 15 minutes
- Walking from Burge Hall will take approximately 30 minutes.
- From dorms Rienow, Slater, Hillcrest, and Petersen: Get on Red Route at Rienow Hall (stop 2080), take it to Dental on Elliot Drive (stop 2040). Approx. time: 10 minutes.
- Walking from Rienow Hall will take approximately 20 minutes.
- From Mayflower Hall: Get on at Mayflower Hall (stop 1000), take it to Carver Hawkeye Arena (stop 2041). Approx. time: 10 minutes.
- Walking from Mayflower Hall will take approximately 40 minutes.
Paperwork forms needed for tryouts can be found on the following site:
Any questions regarding the paperwork can be directed to Athletic Trainer Brooke McKinnon: firstname.lastname@example.org.