July 2, 2012
- 2012 Spring Camp Central
- 2012 Signing Day Central
- 2011 Insight Bowl Central
- 2011 Fall Camp Central
- America Needs Farmers
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
- Iowa Football Wallpaper
WEST DES MOINES, Iowa – Dallas Clark, a small-town Iowa boy who’s made it big in the National Football League, is teaming up with the Iowa Farm Bureau Federation (IFBF) and the University of Iowa Athletics Department to promote the America Needs Farmers (ANF) campaign.
It’s all about Iowa pride for Clark.
“I really respect and have a lot of pride in the values that farmers have, and the values of Iowa and the values of community, and that’s what Farm Bureau represents,” said Clark, an all-American tight end at the UI who will begin his 10th season in the NFL this fall as a member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
“I’m thrilled to be part of this initiative and believe in the importance of farming and the effects it has on our communities and the world,” added Clark, who Clark was named first team all-America after a brilliant 2002 season during which Clark was the winner of the John Mackey Award as the nation’s top tight end, and the Hawkeyes went undefeated in Big Ten Conference play and advanced to the 2003 FedEx Orange Bowl.
“I’m thrilled to be part of this initiative and believe in the importance of farming and the effects it has on our communities and the world.”
Clark joins an impressive list of former Hawkeye players who support ANF, a campaign launched by the UI’s legendary head coach Hayden Fry in 1985 during the Farm Crisis. The ANF emblem is displayed on Hawkeye football players’ helmets today as it was during the Hawkeyes’ ’85 Rose Bowl season and the seasons.
With most people two to three generations removed from the family farm, IFBF and UI joined forces last fall to promote the ANF message and talk to consumers about the food, fuel and fiber raised by farmers. The ANF campaign continues to create excitement with the 2012 Hawkeye football season drawing closer.
- ANF, Iowa football players and farmers will be featured at Farm Bureau Park, located on the Grand Concourse at the Iowa State Fair, Aug. 9-19. Visitors can register for prizes, play games and learn more about farming.
- “ANF Day at Kinnick” will be held Oct. 20 at the Iowa versus Penn State night game. The day will feature pre-game events featuring Iowa farmers and an autograph session with former Hawkeye greats.
- Kinnick Stadium visitors can see ANF Plaza and the Wall of Fame, located between the stadium’s west grandstand and the north grandstand.
- Officially licensed ANF merchandise is for sale at bravosportsmarketing.com. Farm Bureau members can take advantage of special discounts throughout the year at iowafarmbureau.com
The website www.AmericaNeedsFarmers.org features fun facts, trivia, ANF events and comments from former University of Iowa football players who proudly wore the ANF on their game helmets during their playing days at the UI.